This baked rice dish goes perfectly with jerk chicken. Serves 4.
- 4 spring onions – chopped
- 4 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- thumb-sized piece of ginger – finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- small bunch thymne – leaves picked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- half teaspoon ground black pepper
- half teaspoon allspice
- 1 Scotch bonnet or adujama chilli – left whole
- 1 can kidney beans
- 300 grams basmati rice
- 600 ml chicken stock
- half can coconut milk
- 1 lime
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees C.
- Gently fry the spring onions, garlic, ginger, herbs and spices for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the beans and rice and stir to coat.
- Pour in the hot stock and cover with a lid or foil.
- Put in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Take out and leave, covered, for 10 mins.
- Stir in the coconut milk gently.
- Squeeze lime juice over the rice to serve.