about the amsterdamfoodie
British by birth and Dutch by choice, I’m a writer, cook and avid foodie who has lived and worked in Amsterdam since 2006. Amsterdam Foodie began as a few notes about the best (and worst) restaurants in Amsterdam on MySpace soon after I arrived, and migrated to the earliest version of the website you see today in 2007. Since starting this site, I’ve published my own cookbook, Vicky Hampton’s Working Lunch, created an audio guide to my adoptive city’s food scene, A Gastronomic Journey in Amsterdam, and launched a Restaurant Guide to Amsterdam.
Check out a sample of my work below, download my media kit here, and visit my portfolio site – VickyHampton.com – for further details of my professional CV. If you’d like to hire me for freelance writing, editing, translation, social media or content marketing services, please contact me!
food and travel publications
I’ve written for a number of newspapers, magazines, websites and guidebooks, including:
- Restaurant reviews for The Guardian: best cafes and budget eateries and best high-end dining experiences
- Food festivals, art and wine pairings, and Michelin-level cookery lessons for the New York Times
- Amsterdam food trends for The Wall Street Journal
- Restaurant reviews, food challenges and bar tips for Time Out Amsterdam
- Monthly bar guides for the World’s Best Bars
- Restaurants, bars, hotels and night life sections for the Michelin Must See guide to Amsterdam
- Food and drinks sections for the DK Eyewitness Travel Guide for Amsterdam
- Food and drinks section for the Rough Guide to Amsterdam
For full details of my portfolio as a freelance content and editorial consultant, please visit VickyHampton.com. A sample of my recent food-related client projects include: