Bored of overpriced ham-and-cheese sandwiches and packet soups from the canteen? If your workplace has a surface big enough to fit a chopping board, and perhaps a kettle or toaster at best, Vicky Hampton’s Working Lunch is here to help. This compact lunch cookbook is for people who are keen to make healthy, simple meals, but who don’t have the time to spend hours in the kitchen – whether at work or at home. The book features 50 easy lunch recipes (in English) covering fresh vibrant salads, cool summery soups, spicy couscous and pimped-up sandwiches. Free shipping within Europe!
This version is available in compact hard-cover format so you can whip it out of your desk drawer at a moment’s notice! Prefer an e-book? You can buy Vicky Hampton’s Working Lunch as a digital e-cookbook too! Free shipping is available for customers within Europe; as shipping costs outside Europe are high, non-EU customers might prefer to get the e-book version instead.
What you can expect
- The kitchen kit – a chopping board and a knife are really all you need, but the book also contains suggestions for other simple equipment you can use in your office!
- Salads and dressings – 10 salads, from light and summery to hearty and filling, many of which are also suitable for vegetarians. Plus 5 dressings that will elevate any salad to greater heights.
- Bread – perfect for when you’re bored of the ubiquitous ham and cheese sandwich, this chapter is all about making the most of your daily bread, from work-week “pizza” to tasty toasties.
- Couscous and pulses – from hearty couscous salads to homemade hummus to spicy bean tortillas, this chapter fills you up with the good stuff.
- Soups and smoothies – as useful at breakfast time as it is at lunchtime, this chapter is all about getting the bang for your mini-hand-blender buck.
- Pimp my lunch – for the budding chefs out there who want to impress the boss, or just throw an after-work dinner at home.
Reviews of the lunch cookbook
“I wish I ordered this book sooner! Vicky Hampton’s Working Lunch cookbook is perfect, whether you work in an office or at home. I love how she outlines the recipes; they are meant for one person and are written in a way that makes it easy to assemble (i.e. you don’t need measuring cups or fancy kitchen equipment). However, you can easily adjust the serving sizes, so that you can prepare a delicious meal for your colleagues, too. The combinations are delightful. I’d highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for new, healthy, and easy-to-make recipes. You could even use them for dinner or appetizers. A must!” (Jessica Lipowski)
- Want to try before you buy? Take a look at the sample PDF
- Looking for information for publications? Read the press release
- Copy and concept: Vicky Hampton
- Design and food styling: Andrea Ibargutxi
- Photography: Jan-Kees Steenman
|Dimensions||16 × 16 × 2 cm|