This version is available as a PDF so you can easily use it on your computer, phone or tablet at work! Prefer a printed copy? You can buy Vicky Hampton’s Working Lunch as a hard-cover printed cookbook too!
What you can expect
- The kitchen kit – a chopping board and a knife are really all you need, but the book also contains suggestions for other simple equipment you can use in your office!
- Salads and dressings – 10 salads, from light and summery to hearty and filling, many of which are also suitable for vegetarians. Plus 5 dressings that will elevate any salad to greater heights.
- Bread – perfect for when you’re bored of the ubiquitous ham and cheese sandwich, this chapter is all about making the most of your daily bread, from work-week “pizza” to tasty toasties.
- Couscous and pulses – from hearty couscous salads to homemade hummus to spicy bean tortillas, this chapter fills you up with the good stuff.
- Soups and smoothies – as useful at breakfast time as it is at lunchtime, this chapter is all about getting the bang for your mini-hand-blender buck.
- Pimp my lunch – for the budding chefs out there who want to impress the boss, or just throw an after-work dinner at home.
Reviews of the lunch cookbook
“I wish I ordered this book sooner! Vicky Hampton’s Working Lunch cookbook is perfect, whether you work in an office or at home. I love how she outlines the recipes; they are meant for one person and are written in a way that makes it easy to assemble (i.e. you don’t need measuring cups or fancy kitchen equipment). However, you can easily adjust the serving sizes, so that you can prepare a delicious meal for your colleagues, too. The combinations are delightful. I’d highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for new, healthy, and easy-to-make recipes. You could even use them for dinner or appetizers. A must!” (Jessica Lipowski)